Monday, February 25, 2008

The Baby Shower...Retro Themed!


What a fun day!
Two of my very sweet girlfriends threw me a retro throwback baby shower this weekend. I have always felt I am a woman of the 50's with my love of cooking and entertaining...and they went with it! A few weeks ago we went thru one of my retro recipe boxes and the the party came alive with ideas! I felt like the luckiest girl this weekend being blessed with such good friends and family and the love that is already been shown to my two little boys!
I have included the "photo" of a very pregant me...yes I know I am pregnant but dang this is exactly why I have not allowed my picture to be taken! So here I am 27 weeks pg with our two boys.

Also here was the menu for the party!

Checkerboard Sandwiches ( chicken salad and pimento cheese)
Pigs in a blanket
Deviled Eggs
Melon Skewers with dipping sauce
Frozen Banana Pops dipped in Chocolate and Yummy toppings!
Cupcakes
Oreos
Mimosas
Retro Sodas (cooled in retro baby bathtub!)
Iced Tea with Simple Syrup

No comments: